The conference takes place on Wednesday 26th September 2018 at De Vere Grand Connaught Room, Covent Garden
With huge interest in these emerging markets, the 2nd Annual Alternative Residential Property Conference takes place on 26th September. Our events covering Alternatives - Student Housing, Co-Living, Retirement Living and Build to Rent, attracted an audience of over 1300 delegates last year, and due to this huge interest we will be looking in more detail at the ‘Alternative Residential’ Sector in the UK & Europe.
This will feature many of the sector leaders in these markets, plus leading investors and advisors. We will look at Student Housing, Retirement Living, Build to Rent and Grad Housing/Co Living. We will also look at what might come next, in terms of alternative property and what links them - in terms of investment, management and operation
The purpose of the day will be to discuss the future of these ‘alternative’ sectors, understand why they have seen such investment growth, and learn where they are going in the future. We expect the day to sell out like our other Conferences and there will be a lot of interesting discussions, including the similarities and differences between these particular sectors and how they work together.
This event is likely to sell out quickly so please book early to guarantee your place.
To see who attends our Conferences on Alternative Residential please click here
9.30am - Morning Session (includes networking coffee break)
- Understanding the Alternative Residential Markets - where do these fit in with Residential, Commercial and other property asset classes?
- How have these asset classes grown in the last 5-10 years and where will they be in another ten years time?
- Which Alternative Residential Assets are growing fastest?
- How are Student Housing, Micro Living, PRS & Retirement living now performing?
- Why have we seen such rapid growth in investment in these asset classes?
- Where is the overall investment in these asset classes coming from?
- Are these now worldwide markets?
- Where are Investors looking and which sectors are the priority?
- Where are we with Institutional Investment, Private Equity & Senior Debt?
- What is happening with the Capital Markets and where is the money coming from?
- What really matters in the Student Housing Market in 2017 & how is it Performing?
- Where should the Student Market be looking for the next big opportunity areas?
- What are the key deals in the current market and who are the main players in both the UK & Europe?
- The Private Rented Sector & Build to Rent Sectors – where do they now fit in with the overall housing & property investment markets?
- Who are the big players & are we seeing strong brands now being established in the UK?
- How will the market grow over the next 5 – 10 years and where are the big growth areas?
- What is it that we really need to deliver and how can it be done?
- Where is the Future balance between Build for Sale and Build for Rent?
- Logistics & Management - What is required to make large scale PRS actually work in the UK?
- What are the crucial priorities from Day One in order to deliver the best possible scheme & operation?
- How is the Student Housing Sector influencing the PRS Market?
- What are the comparisons and how do the yields compare?
- Understanding the Management Operation with Student & PRS and the similarities and differences - how are these evolving and what are the key factors?
- Does a mixed Student & Residential Portfolio & Operation now make sense?
- Looking at Construction & Design in Alternative Residential
- What is the future for Off Site Construction and why it is ideal for these sectors
- What design considerations are there with these products and where are the similarities and differences?
1.30pm - Networking Lunch Session
2.30pm - Afternoon Session
- Understanding the Micro Living, Graduate Housing, Collective Living Concept
- Where has it come from and why is it a key growth market?
- What do European markets tell us about where this fits?
- Why is innovation and communal living now such an attractive proposition?
- How does this market work as an investment model and where does it fit in the overall picture?
- Is flexibility, service and style now more important than price point?
- Who is the real target market?
- Understanding the Future Investment Prospects for Retirement Living Products – where do they fit when compared to other property investment propositions?
- Understanding Retirement Housing, Assisted Living, Retirement Living Villages, Extra Care and Care Homes and what they mean
- Where does each fit and where are the big opportunities for investors in these markets?
- How do we divide up the market in terms of the quality and pricepoint of product??
- Have perceived investment and reputational risks now been overcome and where are we with Event Fees?
- How might the market evolve over the next ten years?
- The Retirement Housing Product – What are consumers looking for and where are the development & Investment Opportunities?
- Understanding those who are downsizing and looking to release equity from their current properties
- Who is in the market and how large is it?
- What kind of products are likely to attract these buyers and how is this market likely to evolve?
- Where do the buyers come from & does this sector of the market face similar challenges to straight Residential when it comes to Delivery & Planning?
- How is the Retirement Rental Model now evolving and where is the opportunity with this product and creating a real mixed community with PRS, Student and Retirement Rental Property?
- What is next for Alternative Property as a whole and which other 'Alternative' property can we expect to offer big growth moving forward?
4.15pm - Close and Networking Drinks Session for Speakers and Attendees
To see who attends this event: click here
This event is also eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit
To learn how to book a place, please click here