The conference takes place on Wednesday 26th September 2018 at De Vere Grand Connaught Room, Covent Garden
With huge interest in these markets, the 2nd Annual Alternative Residential Property Conference takes place on 26th September. Our events covering Alternatives - Student Housing, Co-Living, Retirement Living and Build to Rent, attracted an audience of over 1300 delegates last year, and due to this huge interest we will be looking in more detail at the ‘Alternative Residential’ Sector in the UK & Europe.
This will feature many of the sector leaders in these markets, plus leading investors and advisors. We will look at Student Housing, Retirement Living, Build to Rent and Grad Housing/Co Living. We will also look at what might come next, in terms of alternative property and what links them - in terms of investment, management and operation
The purpose of the day will be to discuss the future of these ‘alternative’ sectors, understand why they have seen such investment growth, and learn where they are going in the future. We expect the day to sell out like our other Conferences and there will be a lot of interesting discussions, including the similarities and differences between these particular sectors and how they work together.
This event is likely to sell out quickly so please book early to guarantee your place.
To see who attends our Conferences on Alternative Residential please click here
9.30am : Morning Session – Includes Networking Coffee Break
- Understanding the Alternative Residential Markets - where do these fit in with Residential, Commercial and other property asset classes?
- How have these asset classes grown in the last 5-10 years and where will they be in another ten years time?
- Which Alternative Residential Assets are growing fastest?
- How are Student Housing, Micro Living, PRS & Retirement living now performing?
Why have we seen such rapid growth in investment in these ‘Alternative Residential’ asset classes?
- Where is the overall investment in these asset classes coming from?
- Where are Investors looking and which sectors are the priority?
- Where are we with Institutional Investment, Private Equity & Senior Debt?
- What is happening with the Capital Markets and where is the money coming from?
How are investments being structured?
- Is Co-Living a sector in it’s own right, how small is the niche and what do investors make of it?
- What really matters in the Student Housing Market in 2017 & how is it Performing?
- Where should the Student Market be looking for the next big opportunity areas?
- How has the Student Housing Market Evolved and where do we see it going?
- What are the key deals in the current market and who are the main players in both the UK & Europe?
- How can we build a Student Housing Operation of scale?
- Where are the opportunity areas in the UK & Europe?
- Where do we see the similarities between Student Housing & PRS operations and are we seeing them merging together?
- Where are the opportunity areas working with Universities in the UK?
- Which parts of the UK market are the key opportunity areas moving forward?
- What are the lessons from Mainland Europe when it comes to rental models, and the links between Student Housing, the Private Rented Sector & Micro Living?
- The Alternative Residential Investor Panel Session
- Understanding what is driving Investor interest in Student Housing, Retirement Living and the Private Rented Sector.
- Which sectors are investors most interested in and why?
- Where do investors see the most growth in the short, medium and long term?
- Are investors now more interested in these Alternative Sectors than the traditional property investment markets?
- Where do investors see links between Student Housing, the Private Rented Sector & even Retirement Living?
- Where are the big opportunity areas geographically?
- Is the goal a Europe-wide, mixed asset portfolio?
- What do investors think of the ‘Co-Living’ concept?
Is this it’s own asset class or merely a small niche?
- The Private Rented Sector & Build to Rent Sectors – where do they now fit in with the overall housing & property investment markets?
- Understanding who is doing what in the UK Private Rented Sector
- Where does Co-Living fit in with PRS?
- Who are the big players & are we seeing strong brands now being established in the UK?
- How will the market grow over the next 5 – 10 years and where are the big growth areas?
- What is it that we really need to deliver and how can it be done?
- Where is the Future balance between Build for Sale and Build for Rent?
- Panel session on the future of the PRS market & the evolution of the Modern Micro Living Market
- What is the future of the Private Rented Sector in the medium and long term?
- What is capacity for growth?
- Understanding the Micro Living, Grad Living & Collective Living markets – what are they?
How is the product evolving to fit modern lifestyles?
- What kind of innovations are we seeing and what can we expect going forward?
- What are the rental aspirations of the operators involved in the micro living & collective living markets?
- What kind of scale might be achieved?
- Are they all merged into the same thing when we look outside the UK?
- Logistics & Management - What is required to make large scale PRS actually work in the UK?
- What are the crucial priorities from Day One in order to deliver the best possible scheme & operation?
- How is the Student Housing Sector influencing the PRS Market?
- What are the comparisons and how do the yields compare?
- Understanding the Management Operation with Student & PRS and the similarities and differences - how are these evolving and what are the key factors?
- Understanding the Micro Living, Graduate Housing, Collective Living Concept
- Where has it come from and why is it a key growth market?
- Why is innovation and communal living now such an attractive proposition?
- How does this market work as an investment model and where does it fit in the overall picture?
- Is flexibility, service and style now more important than price point?
- Who is the real target market?
1.15pm – Networking Lunch Session
- The Future of Urban Cities – how will the way we live change?
- Where will we be in ten years and what will it mean for Alternative Residential Property?
- What Proptech will be the future, what is here now, and what will we adopt?
- How will the sharing economy infiltrate the Residential Property Market and will ownership still be important?
- What technology will govern the way we rent, manage and move home?
- Looking at Global Comparisons – where do the UK & Europe fit in the race to operate Smart Cities and what does this mean?
- Where does planning fit in with Alternative Residential and what should those operating in these sectors be aware of?
- How are Student Housing, Build to Rent and Collective Living products interpreted by the planning system and are there any advantages?
- Understanding the Planning advantages of Retirement Living Property, where it fits and what the parameters are
How can we meet the planning challenges in the sector and what do recent planning enquiries and appeals demonstrate?
- Looking at Construction & Design in Alternative Residential
- What are the preferred construction methods for these sectors and are they ideal for construction innovation?
- What is the future for Off Site Construction and why it is ideal for these sectors
- What design considerations are there with these products and where are the similarities and differences?
- Looking at design links between Student and PRS – what can each sector learn from each other?
- Understanding how Retirement Living products and design have evolved and how this now links to Build to Rent.
- Understanding the Future Investment Prospects for Retirement Living Products
- Understanding Retirement Housing, Assisted Living, Retirement Living Villages, Extra Care and Care Homes and what they mean
- Where does each fit and where are the big opportunities for investors in these markets?
- Have perceived investment and reputational risks now been overcome and where are we with Event Fees?
- How might the market evolve over the next ten years?
- The Retirement Housing Market – Understanding who the consumers are
- What are consumers looking for and where are the development & Investment Opportunities?
- Understanding those who are downsizing and looking to release equity from their current properties
- Who is in the market and how large is it?
- Retirement Living – How is the product & operation Evolving?
- Understanding the high end of the market – how large is this and what is on offer?
- Is the middle market product the real opportunity area and what needs to be delivered?
- How do we provide a product that is attractive and affordable?
- What do older people now expect in terms of service and facilities?
- Where is the real opportunity going forward and how do we expect the market to evolve?
What kind of overall operation will be key in the future?
- Retirement for Rent - How does this model work?
- Why does a Private Rented Sector for Retirement Living fit so well and what is the potential of the sector?
- What is next for Alternative Property as a whole and what other 'Alternative' property can we expect to offer big growth moving forward?
- Where do Serviced Apartments, Budget Hotels, and other alternative asset classes fit?
- Is the ‘mixed asset’ now key?
- What is the future for these sectors?
4.20pm - Close and Networking Drinks Session for Speakers and Attendees
To see who attends this event: click here
This event is also eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit
To learn how to book a place, please click here